Saturday, November 30, 2013

Baptism


This is one if the ways in which Christ followers can make a physical act to reveal an inward heart change. In accepting His direction and plan for me, I feel it was a pertinent time to seriously think about baptism. After dedicating my college years to Him (through campus ministry, nursing, personal life..) and moving forward into my profession, now more than ever is a time to make a commitment to place Him first in my life.

Here's what I shared.


I've been blessed to be raised in a Christ centered home, but I've struggled, as I'm sure all if us do, with understanding what it really means to trust Him with my life.

I often relied on my own abilities, my own knowledge, or my own desires. I questioned circumstances out of my control. I am broken. But God has shown me that despite my fears and shortcomings, he is always there. In no way have I earned any of the blessings he has graciously given me. He makes me whole, replacing my brokenness with grace and forgiveness, he is always there, and He is indeed in control. 

I'm so happy I have this freedom to publicly declare him as my savior, for he will never leave my side; in response to Jesus' death for my sins, I make my life a living sacrifice. As we say in Michigan football: I'm all in.

On stage with everyone to be baptized! Crazy to be in from of hundreds of people.

My roommate Esther!
Thank to everyone who came out, I felt so loved!

Pastor Bryan and I, we're standing in a warm bathtub 

I had gross wet hair, but I love this picture. And I love my parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment